The Challenge – Oxfam HQ
- To reduce lighting, heating and cooling running costs with minimal capital outlay and little or no impact on staff;
- To save energy and maximise energy efficiency;
- To reduce carbon footprint of the building.
- Programme of replacement of existing lights with low energy/LED lights;
- Reduced the running hours of tea water boilers;
- Reduced timing of lights so that they take less time to switch off after periods of no movement being detected;
- Installed a light sensor so that, in some areas of the building, lights switch off automatically on bright days;
- Installed a low energy Dyson Air Blade Hand Drier in toilet areas;
- Altered the base set point temperature of the building in line with clocks changing in Spring and Autumn;
- Altered the set point temperature of the Dry Coolers from 5°c to 15°c to prevent the Chillers from coming on automatically.